From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:07:47 -0700
Whew!  After exhausting myself from reading 3 FML's in a row (mostly
skipping the MF battle posts), I was relieved to find something to laugh
about.

1st: sponges...when we got our first ferret, Slinky, we had a terrible time
keeping him away from sponges.  We had a bathroom on the 2nd floor next to
the room where Slinky was most of the time.  Somehow, magically and unseen,
he would manage to get the large (we're talking twice his size) bright pink
sponge under the bed every single day.  He did rip off a couple of pieces
before I could catch him, so I just gave him hairball medicine & kept an
eye on him.  No problems.

2nd: the rat ball...I practically rolled off my chair about this one.  I
had never wanted to mention this for fear of getting flamed for "neglect"
or something.  But when we had Slinky, I also had a one-eyed hamster named
Scratchy.  She loved those little roll-around balls.  One day while I was
letting Scratchy roll around on the hardwood living room floor, my roommate
let Slinky out.  He came tearing down the stairs, slid across the floor,
and came to a dead stop by the hamster ball.  He sniffed it, pushed it,
sniffed again.  Then Scratchy started to book inside, rolling herself
quickly away.  Slinky jumped back with a squeek, did a weasel war dance,
then skipped away to check something else out.  I let Scratchy stay on the
floor for a while, but Slinky lost interest and didn't come back to her.

Aileen & the enjoying the sunshine herd
Slinky, Gizmo, Kyle, Noel, & Sandy
===
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."