From:
"F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 01:24:02 EST
>From:    Caroline Jones aka CJ <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: URGENT-FERRET HAS 10 DAYS TO LIVE-PLEASE HELP

Caroline,

I'm still a little unclear on the progression of events that you described,
but it does sound to me as if the situation you described is more a result
of people not using common sense (even if they meant well) and placing
their fingers in the way of an obviously traumatized and frightened ferret
who then reacted in the only way he/she knew how.  See, even my recap of
your post shows how muddled I probably am.

It does sound like you have a fairly good plan started to generate
publicity on behalf of the ferret.  One thing you might want to try is to
go to the Mayor or County Commissioner and ask that the ferret be given an
official grant of clemmency.  Explain that it would be an act of compassion
and mercy on a poor animal who was frightened and confused rather than
viscious or mean.  Mercy and compassion would be extremely appropriate
during this Holy Week, and may give the officials an opportunity to
demonstrate their good hearts.