From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 23:58:32 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I got some disappointing news this weekend.  I am still coming to grips
with it, so bear with me.  Turns out that there are some major stumbling
blocks for the animal sanctuary.  On their end, it is financial and
something that will prevent me from taking the job.

I am extremely saddened by this, since it would have been a perfect
opportunity for me to remove myself from Columbia.  Now I will have to
wait till the end of the year when I will get some money from my ex, Alan.
He is really being such a sweetie lately.  Got my best friend back.  So
now, all I have to do is figure out where to move.  Any offers out there?

I just wanted to let everyone know that I promised too about it all.  You
can uncross those fingers and such.  It is apparent my work is not yet
finished here.  Guess I will finish my degree after all.  December folks,
I just can't believe it.

On the microchip front.  Two days after being stuck, you can hardly see the
prick marks.  Now there is a straight line, if I ever heard one.  Anyway,
the ferrets are not sore.  They don't notice the chips at all.  The worst
one was poor Conan, tough skin and the chip didn't work after being
inserted.  Happens sometimes.  So he has two now.  And he isn't even sore.
I am glad I had it done, it will make travelling much less worrisome in the
future.  And it will help any place I might move to.

Outside of that things are fine.  You will probably be seeing much less of
me in the future for the next few weeks/months are going to be extremely
busy as I start travelling to find a new home town.  Summer will be my best
chance to do this.  I even miss the hot summers in Houston.  Never thought
I would say that.  But if you don't hear from me, don't worry.  But also
don't count on any timely responses to private email.  Yes, I am being a
snob.

give your little ones hugs for me,

Margaret

Momma's gonna make all of your nightmares come true.
Momma's gonna put all of her fears into you.
Momma's gonna keep you right here under her wing.
She won't let you fly, but she might let sing.
Ooo, baby, of course Momma's gonna help build a wall.

  . . . Mother did it need to be so high?

Pink Floyd