From:
"Charleen H. Schuster" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 18:56:54 EDT
Hi,
I usually always read though the FML, but don't post to often.  But today I
must comment on a couple post!

First, Thanks "Zen" for straightening us all out on the Ferret that is
called "Demi Gigus".  I also have a Demi Gigus female that I got from the
Oregon Ferret breeder that I am sure you are talking about, Pumpkin
Ferretry in Southern Oregon, The breeders name is Charlie Herring.  Like
Ed's ferretry, shelter, I have never been to either one, but have to admit
that I have heard about them.  I can't imagine how hard it must be to keep
up with so many ferrets.  I have 11 ferrets and it takes me all morning to
do the cleaning that is involved with having ferrets.  But, if you love
them the way I do, that's what you do!

My jill that I got from Pumpkin Ferretry is a normal dark black ferret.  I
don't think she is any larger then my other jills.  I got her and two other
jills and 2 hobs all at the age of 7 weeks old from Charlie Herring of
Pumpkin Ferretry.  I waited till they were 6 months old to have them fixed.
I really can't say they are any larger then most ferret that I have seen.
But they are definitely good ferrets!  Not once even from the beginning
did they bite!  I can take them out into the public and not worry about
them biting anyone!  So they definitely have good personalities!

I wonder if largeness has to do with if the ferret is a hob or has been
fixed!  I noticed when I had my Hob (Ned) Snuggles neutered, that he did
loose a little bit of weight.  But he is still big considering that he is 4
1/2 lbs.  He also came from Australia, so maybe ferrets from Australia are
bigger.  Don't know, but I have to admit, I am one of those people that
like big ferrets!  I have just gotten in the past year two male ferrets
from pet stores, which I have to admit I said I'd never do!  They are both
very large at this time, might even get up to being as large as Snuggles if
they keep growing.  One is from Marshall Farms and one is from Triple Farm
F.  So not sure if it all has to do with when you neuter them or not!  It
sure hasn't stopped these two from growing!

Now my girl that I have got from pet store is not any smaller then the ones
I got from Breeders so as far as I can tell the size has not really had
that much to do with when you got them neutered or spayed.