From:
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 20:05:24 EST
Wow, what a day....
Started out getting absolutley no where with the shelter folks, even the
woman my vet knows was rude and no help at all.  needless to say, shes not
a happy vet at this time.

Well, to make a long fustrating story kinda short, I started making phone
calls to animal control, local news stations, any friends i though may have
clout, friends in high places, and so on.

My goal was to find the owners of this ferret, since they are the only ones
that could get the ferret out.  i finally got a call back from the animal
control oficer and he said that if they have the owners info on file i can
get it.

So, i bailed out of work early and went down there, and yahoo, they gave me
the owners info.

i called on my cell phone, so i could meet with them if necessary.  the
owner was not very willing to talk to me, but she did.  Was a little
offened i had her number, i told her it was public record at the animal
control.  all in all not overly friendly but not rude either.

i filled her in an all the details of what happened, and let her know i was
just trying to make sure the ferret didn't die for no reason, i didn't ask
how he got there, i didn't want to put up a wall.

i did ask her if the ferret was nice and she said he wasn't mean.  i also
asked her if she did want him back, and she said yes, she really does.

i did offer any help and i did offer her a way out if she changed her mind
at anytime, just in case something happens, maybe the ferret will come this
was.

His name is Weasel, a silver mitt, 2 yrs old.

i hope this is a happy ending and she really loves him, i never got to see
him, and invited her over to meet me if she wanted.  I really hope he
wasn't abused or mistreated.

Well, thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers, it seemed to work.
i still want to follow up on trying to se what I can do about changing or
amending the law that states that unless the owner of a bite case claimes
the pets it will be euthanized.  i see a long hard road ahead.

As far as all the shelter furkids, everything is going ok for now, just 2
more adrenal surgeries to go!

Could someone please post the peppermint stuff for ants again, need to
start stocking up, ant season is upon us.

Best wishes to all, you are the best!
CJ and her very releaved ferret brat pack
24 Carat Ferret Rescue and Shelter

Shelter Ferret Haikwhateverthingie

familar gone, new faces,
crazy place, dooking everywhere,