From:
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:05:33 EDT
Hello,
I'm writing this post in hopes to get help for a wonderful organization
and its director.  I am talking about the California Domestic Ferret
Association and Hildi Lanquest.  Hildi and the CDFA do wonderful work (and
lots of it) to help the ferrets in California, in legal matters, rescue so
they don't get euthanized, etc.  It is a very big and time consuming job,
but she does it for the love of ferrets.

OK, heres where you come in!

When ferrets get confiscated at the boarder agg stations, they call hildi.
she has 48 hours to get the ferret into a "ferret friendly" state.  Nevada
and Arizona are the 2 closest ones.  well you know what happens if they
don't get rescued?  i do.

The lovely california law requires Hildi to submit a list of authorized
persons to do these rescues, and only the persons on this list are
authorized to get the ferret, no exceptions.

The list is submitted yearly, with out taking up to much space, heres the
condensed version.

Right now there is one 1 person that is doing the pick ups, this person is
close to vegas and i have had a few dealings with him, well he doesn't need
anymore ferrets, but will continue to get them, Hildi has NO choice, please
don't flame her, do you want her job?

I have seen his place, and he won't adopt out, just keeps, he has no money
for vet care.  i have tried to help but got stuck with his vet bill and not
even a thank you.

Well now knowing this we need more people on the list to submit to get
ferrets from the boarders.  Noone has to go all the time, just when you
can, I will get them if no home is found or a shelter can't take in.  i
just may not be able to get there in 48 hours, i will be on the list but
running a shelter and working sometimes leaves no extra time.  i can cover
Yermo, no problem.  needles and Blythe are the problems.

If you live in or have someone that can do rescues in these places please
call or email Hildi, PLEASE.

Lake Havasu, Courtside, Laughlin, Kingman residents, please help.  The
ferrets are in a no win situation right now.  Can't you spare a few hours a
month to save a ferrets life?  You read this list everyday, and sometimes
post to it, so you must have some free time.  Make a difference, it feels
real good, I know.  i get Cal ferrets in every month, and drive to get
some, and house 30 a day on top of that!

Please give it some thought and contact Hildi (big, i have permission to
post this number and e-mail addy) phone: 650-917-0346 or e-mail @

time is very important, every day we don't get the list submitted and
approved the person gets another ferret to live in a disgusting situation.
and yes I am trying to do something about that to, but i am only 1 person
with 24 hours in a day.

i have faith this list will come through for hildi and the CDFA rescue
ferrets.

Thank you all so much for reading this post,

cj jones
24 carat ferret rescue and shelter
las vegas, nv.

where ferrets are safe and treated like gold.................