From:
Isabelle Doiron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 12:20:35 -0500
Brandon:
Don't beat yourself up about it.  It could have turned out bad, but it
didn't.  We all think that we've done all of the ferret proofing that we
can, but the little guys are so curious and insistent that when they see a
small opening, they'll eventually make it bigger.  My first ferret Snoop
never used to go in the bathroom, it was off limits as the washer/dryer
were in there.  The door was always kept closed.  I forgot to close the
door one day and Snoop got out through the dryer hose.  We lived in a mini
home at the time, and the dryer vent exited underneath it.  My father and I
had to tear off the skirting and dig through 2 1/2 feet of snow to get her
out.  Miko falls in the toilet all the time.  I really have to put up a
sign for people who come over to my house to close the bathroom door when
finished.  I am glad that Baldrick is OK.

Debbie Utter:
RE: Cupboard Doors: You can get these at any hardware store and they're
only a couple of bucks each.  They're little metal latches, 2 pieces per
set, one piece screws into the cupboard door, and the other into the frame.
I had to get them too, my Oscar is almost 6.5 pounds and a strong bugger.
These keep him out.

RE: Carpet: I found a way to save my carpets.  I buy square foot pieces of
carpeting (remnants or samples).  I figured out that my 2 babies like to
scratch at the same spots.  So I took a finishing nail and put it through
the centre of the piece They can tear the piece of carpet all to heck if
they want, and it protect the carpeting underneath.  If you live in an
apartment it's great, when you move, pull up the carpet pieces and go.
They have to clean the carpets anyway, so it won't matter that some spots
are a little lighter than others.