From:
Ron Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 23:57:11 -0600
Hi ferret folks,

I thought I would add my two cents about the ferret food debate.  I used
Iams kitten for the first 8 months I had my ferrets.  Then decided I would
go ahead and try Totally Ferret.  I didn't see what all the fuss was about.
I mean the ingredients are almost the same.

I tried it, and the first thing I noticed was that there was a reduction in
the amount of poop in the litter box.  Now when we are talking about six
ferrets, that is a big difference.  Now I only have to clean the main
litter box once a day instead of 2 -3 times.  A definitely plus in my book.

After about a month, I really started noticing a change in their coats.
They are much longer, and softer.  They had already received their winter
coats before I switched.  They have all increased in size too.

I didn't really notice much of a difference in their stamina or energy, but
all six were under a year old then.  All six of my ferrets are within six
months of each other.

All I know is that now the food never gets strewn in the cage anymore.
They appear happier and are definitely more luxurious looking.  I will
never change again.

I understand that the main difference between TF and the other foods is the
way it is processed.

Thanks,

Ron AKA Ferret Dad
Spaz,Rascal,Treble,Cocoa,Screeh, & Moose
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/8662