Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 06:42:44 -0500
Michael said:
>But you know what... we still let Beasley, Spaz and Penny have free run of
>the whole house 24/7.  Yeah, I know, I should keep them locked up for
>their own safety when we're not here, but we've been owned by ferrets for
>15 years, lived here 5 years, and I don't think a cage or room could be
>much more ferret proof than our entire home.
>Sheesh, what we don't do for these little ones.  It is handy when we need
>to do something that requires them being in safe place, or when non-ferret
>smart guests come over, but otherwise we rarely force them to stay in the
>room.

I am with Michael on this one.  We have a dedicated ferret room (and a
ferret bathroom too) but we still let our gang roam the house.  In learning
to ferret proof we made a few errors and were "taught" by our ferrets what
was not ferret proofed.  We now feel confidant that our home is ferret
proofed and even fosters and ferrets we have babysat have not found
anything new to get into.  It is helpfull to have the room for the same
reasons Michael stated but most of the time they are out romping around.

I happen to think the question of whether to cage or not to cage or to
confine in any way is deeply personal and depends on each individual
situation and lifestyle.  This suits ours and the gang knows that is their
room.

Cindy
Footsie, Oakley and Lancelot and one shoulder riding foster Twiggy