Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:02:01 -0500
>From:    Joe Ronk <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Proofing Doors
>1) Cut a piece of 1" plywood to the same width of the door by 24"....
>If the ferrets get over this then make a new piece 30" high and try again.

Here's an easy way to improve on Joe's plan, so youcan keep the barrier
lower and thus easier to step over...

Simply take a long cardboard tube that is at least 2" diameter and slice
it long ways down the middle.  It is then easy to mount over top of your
barrier, making it all but impossible for your weasles to get a grip and
thus climb over.  Obviously the tube needs to be the same length as the
barrier.  You can also use PVC pipe from the hardware store, they will
usually cut it for you if you know the dimensions.

I can a couple of jumpers but they cannot get over the barrier at 20".  You
can even use cardboard for the barrier if you want to "test" the height.
We got buy for a couple of years in a ranch style condo, with no interiors
doors (except bathrooms).

Hope this helps,
Brandon
and the weasle brigade:
Tiffy, Watermark, Kira aka "Clowny", and Wolfgang Ameadeus Mozart aka
"Wolfy"