From:
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 23:21:00 EST
Hi to all, its been a while since I've been able to post.  i did want to
thank EVERYONE who has helped the shelter by sending donations, medicines,
supplies, bidding on the auction, having the auction!, and even a great
visit from back east!!!  (yes, thats you Phyllis)

Everything has been put to good use!  The last few weeks have been really
rough, as we got some surgeries that were needed done and xrays and
bloodwork, etc.

Unfortunatly we lost our Very Much Loved Hooty girl, she was 7 yrs old and
already had her left adrenal out on xmas eve 98.  Her vulva never went
down and she was still not feeling to great.  Dr. rubin did an exploratory
surgery and her spleen "fell apart" when she opened her up, her right
adrenal gland was a nighmare to remove.  she came home that night and on
sat morning I went to check on her and she had passed away.  i hope she
didn't suffer and went in peace.

I am missing her licking my ears at night and hissing at the same time.
She loved to play chase and was a tough little bugger.  i know shes not in
pain anymore andthat is some comfort.

We have 3 now with cancer and 1 with a heart condition, 2 that are blind
and 2 more adrenals to go, and thats just the tip of the iceburg..  One
little girl came in last week and she has No fur at all.  what great
parents she had, i'm still fuming about it.

But anyway this is a note of thanks, not ravings.

i can't thank everyone enough for your moral support, donations, and
outpouring of love.  I wanted to thank everyone personally but i can't seem
to find everones email addy.  If you want to know if your donation has
reached the shelter or my vet please e mail me.  and please forgive me for
not posting sooner, I just been very busy and my doc has just figured out
what meds to put me on so i hope i'll be feelin better soon!

BTW, we do have some very cute and healthy ferrets ready for placement into

Again THANKs to all,
CJ and the recovering but happy las vegas ferret brat pack
24 Carat Ferret Rescue and Shelter
Las Vegas, Nv. 89102
702-876-8224

PS, to the person running the ferret across america program, i will house
some transients if needed, don't have to much time to do traveling though.
Call if you need me.