From:
Lorraine & Marc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 13:43:42 -0500
>I have noticed <...> that the ferrets they have been selling are between 5
>to 6 weeks old.  Isn't that a little young?  Is there anything that could
>be done to stop them from selling them so young.

Superpet, like any companies, has to make profits to stay in business.  You
have therefore to find arguments that convince them that it is in the store
interest to sell slightly older ferrets.  For example: if a ferret is sold
too young, it will not have imprinted to other ferrets.  Many ferret owners
acquire a second ferret.  However, if the first ferret never imprinted on
ferrets, it might never get along with another ferret.  That is a situation
that an owner looking for a playmate for its ferret wants to avoid.

Anybody knows the age at which a ferret imprints?  Cute young kits are so
much easier to sell that older kits...

Lorraine Tremblay
Webmistress of Mustela Canada | Webmestre de Mustela Francia
http://www.storm.ca/~ferret