Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 14:15:43 -0800
This *JUST* now happened and I'm still giggling (quietly) about it...it's
about the funniest damn thing I've seen happen in in ages!  (hmmm perhaps I
need to get out more ;-)

One of my fuzzies, a 1yo MF silver mitt boy named Loki, has just recently
started sleeping in my lap while I work at the computer.  (The computer is
in the FFZ, so I have to find a sleepy & willing fuzzie and then keep them
on my lap the whole time, for their own safety.)

Since the end of the kids' early morning playtime this a.m., Loki has been
soundly sleeping on my lap...at least 3-4 hours worth.  (And doing the
cutest darn things like "licking" in his sleep like he was drinking water,
etc.)  Just a few minutes ago, he woke up suddenly, rearranged himself a
few times, and then let loose a huge...ahem, that is to say, suddenly
passed a volume of extremely odorous intestinal gas.  He looked up at me
sleepily as if to say, "You're going to do something about this, right??!"

Not wanting to become a human poopie pan, I carried Loki (snuggled cozily
in my warm flannel shirt on this cold, raining/hailing spring day) out of
the computer room, through the living room, over the 4' barrier into FZ
(ferret-ok zone), over to the cage (where everyone else was sleeping),
opened the cage, and placed Loki in a litter box.  Loki promptly did his
business, and turned around and looked at me again.  So I picked him up,
carried him back in here...and he promptly scratched around and curled
back up in my shirt and is now happily asleep again in a tightly-wound
half-upside down ball of adorable ferrety-ness.

I started off by wondering who trained who... but now I'm beginning to
wonder where they're hiding the HRC (human remote control.)

Beware, the FLO is learning new tactics!  You too could be next!  If you
come suddenly to your senses in the middle of mindlessly opening cans of
raisins or pouring bowls of soda or whipping cream and setting them on the
floor, you too may be afflicted by a patented FLO HRC!!!

Megan &
Loki (heh heh heh heh... I wonder what happens when I push THIS button...)
Grover (I'll get the car keys...you find the map!)
Onyx (Don't worry about keys, I've got the Celica hotwired already.)
Cherry (Just don't forget the Craisins! Hey, where's the sunroof on
        this thing.)
Satinka (I'll dig out that solar-powered shortwave radio I stole last
         month...oh yes and here's the credit cards.)
Duncan (I'm riding shotgun! Dibs!)