From:
Power & Motoryacht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:27:21 -0500
I just had to post after reading some of the others regarding their ferrets
stealing cigarettes, etc.

My 3 yr. old male albino, Caesar, "loves" the ashtray.  My husband is the
smoker and usually puts the ashtray out of reach (hah), but when he doesn't
Caesar seems to know it and jumps on the coffee table and literally rolls
around inside the ashtray rubbing the back of his head all through the
ashes.  It is a hysterical sight, then the abbreviated bath of course.
Caesar also likes to rub himself in the ashes from the fireplace if hubby
doesn't remove them post-haste.  Fortunately, being in South Florida we
don't have too many fires.

My first ferret, Stanley, used to do the same thing.  The first time I saw
him do it he had jumped up onto a TV tray that had Jim's ashtray on it and
was upside down wriggling back and forth trying to cover his whole body in
ashes.

I also have a petite 2 yr. old albino female, Roxie, who is a thief of
cigarette butts, packages, etc.

Thanks for letting me share.

Dona in S. Florida