From:
Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 21:25:43 -0800
Can other's share their ferret's age, weight and sex?

When a ferret is in a ferret proof area, how long do you not have to worry
about them getting hurt or eating something bad?

Are some treats bad for the ferret to eat?  Meaning the treat can get
stuck on their teeth or not go down?  I'm always afraid of raisins and
cranberries.

How many treats can you give?  I realize treats are not food, but any stats
on how much and how often to give?

Does anyone put coverings on the cage stairs?

If you ferret sit, how do you protect your ferret's from other's if the
ferret is sick?  How do you know the person is honest besides shot
paperwork?  The same applies to people we visit who own ferret's?

ECE question - I understand this is a virus, but is the main place to get
it from is a Petstore, Shelter or people who own ferret's?

I'm near Seattle WA.  I've heard tons of ferret's with Insulmina and
Adrenal illnesses problems.  Can someone recommend a reasonably price vet
for surgeery (if and when we may need this)?  Petsmart charges $500- $600
for Adrenal Surgery.  Also, would like to get vet prices on ferret teeth
cleaning.  Petsmart charges $140 which seems high to me.

Can someone provide me with websites for ECE, Adrenal and Insulmina sites
to visit besides Ferretcentral?

If possible, what do you people feed the ferret's who get Adrenal and
Insulmina illnesses?  Are these illnesses based on food/treats?  Sure our
ferret's are kits, but may need this info in time and I do pass along info
to other's.

When a person takes a free ferret, how can a person tell if they are sick
or have ECE?  Meaning if you have two hours to decide if you will take the
ferret.  My only thing would be to get the person to get a vet check first.

Can people tell me if their ferret's climb cages?  If so, can they get down
once they are up?

Our ferret's mean alot to us and so this is why I ask so many questions.

Want to Thank You All for the support you have given in the past.  Your
Kind and Very Caring People.

Debbie in WA