From:
lisette lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 16:08:38 -0500
I love the FML.  This place is way cool First: I followed Bob Church
advice, and put treats inside plastic Easter eggs.  My guys went goofy, and
looked adorable with half a plastic Easter egg stuck on their nose, as they
tried to reach their treats.  They loved it.

Second, I am seriously thinking of switching my ferret food.  What is
Innova kibble?  Is it at your local pet store?  It sounds much better than
Tottally Ferret,but I cant find it at the pet stores in Ill. area.

Third:, I got hold hold of the shelter ferret poem.  I seriously think that
anyone with a' drop off' to a ferret shelter should sign a form saying that
they realize their ferret may never find a home before it dies, that it may
be stuck in a cage for years, that they understand it may die of ECE in the
shelter, and that they are also giving away their children because they
dont have time or are moving[O.K., leave out the ECE .  ] In my business,
when a client does not comply with what I know is essential, I make them
sign a paper that I read to them out loud, so they understand the dier
consequences of their actions.  Many change their minds.  A shelter owner
may not get the person to keep the ferret.  But he or she may stop that
person from ever getting another pet until behaving in a responsible
fashion.

Fourth: PLEASE dont buy fox urine -or Any animal urine so your ferret will
have interesting smells..  How do you think they get that urine?  My God-
the deer, fox, and others are locked in rusty cages or sheds so their urine
is gathered.  until they die.  Lock your mother in the shed and gather her
urine until she dies.  At least she will be able to tell you how lonely
and afraid and cramped and deprived and bored and miserable she is.[Well,
alright, maybe some body elses mother] We just got K-Mart to stop selling
it.  If anything- dont shop at a store that does sell animal urine, and
write letters-PLEASE

Lisette