From:
The Maldonados <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 22:32:25 -0600
My little girl is very ill.  We took her to the local vet, my mom thought
she was dying.  She couldn't breath and was throwing up.  I was at work.
She called me and I sent her straight to the vet.  I met her there shortly.
The vet took her temp and it was 106, he put her in cold water and got it
down to 101, she had a sore on her foot and he thought maybe she got caught
somewhere and had heat stroke, he gave her a shot of some steroid for shock
and some antibiotic drops.  I brought her home, she is still throwing up
and she can't walk very good.  Could he have missed a "ferret disease"?

It is later at night now and she is sleeping with her sister.  I wake her
up every now and then to give her water but she is so very tired.  She
doesn't even open her eyes all of the way.  She can go up and down in her
cage and get in and out of her hammock ok.  Her name is squeeker and she is
almost 3 years old.

Hugs for all the sweet little ones that shouldn't be sick....Monna,
Squeeker, and Taz