Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 16:23:17 -0500
This is in response to Meghan at U Texas who wrote
Re: Ferret Emotions
>My psychology professor insists that animals (even mammals) don't have the
>capacity to have emotions.  Which anyone who owns a pet knows is utter
>poopie, but still.  I called him on it, and he and my TA said that if I
>could find proof of my opinion, they'd cede the point.

There is a wonderful and very readable book called "When Elepahants Weep"
by Geoffrey Masson.  It documents animal emotions and talks about why the
scientists who study them are so unwilling to concede the point in spite
of all the evidence.

My Aubrey Lovechild is joy personified: bounce bounce dook dook all day
long.  Soon I will write a long post just to brag about him and tell the
FMLers about all the games we play.

BTW reading this FML has convinced me that it would be better not to get
Aubrey a companion right now.  (He is 4 years old) It sounds like adrenal
surgeries and other problems are the rule and I just couldn't afford it for
more than one (am a student right now).

-Sarah <[log in to unmask]>