From:
Carla Almaraz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 18:11:53 -0800
>I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that the new Tualatin PetsMart is
>now [selling] ferret kits in their store.  They are a "test" store to see
>how they go over.  I guess I am real irritated because when you walk into
>PetsMart they proudly emphases that they do not carry puppies and kittens
>because there are already so many homeless animals in shelters.  I guess
>they haven't done their homework.

I did my monthly shopping at PetsMart in Tigard, Oregon today.  I browsed
through the store and didn't see any ferrets so I asked a salesperson.
He said that they don't carry ferrets.  hummm.  I then spoke with the
Specialties Manager, Bobbie Nunley.  She assured me that they do *not*
carry ferrets and have absolutely no plans to do so.  She said proudly
"we carry lots of ferret products though!".  (And after that, I felt
obligated to buy lots of Christmas presents for my four-legged companions!)

Thinking there may be a new store, I then inquired about the location of
other PetsMart stores in the area.  I was told that the only stores are in
Tigard, Clackamas, and Beaverton.  I called the Clackamas and Beaverton
stores and was told by the person in charge at each store that they do not
carry ferrets.

There is a Petco across the street from the Tigard PetsMart that may be
the real culprit.  I believe that they remodelled and had a grand opening
recently.  I refuse to do business with Petco so I couldn't tell you if
that store actually does carry ferrets.

          -Carla

Save a life today! Visit the Ferret Friends
Disaster Response International website.
(http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~ferretma/ffdri1.html)