Date:
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 06:56:46 -0500
I had ferrets for 3 years before I developed any allergies.  I also had the
itchy, red, blotchy patches on my hands, arms and face.

One day, I accidentally rubbed Ferretone on my face and I immediately broke
out, worse than ever before!  I stopped using Ferretone and the allergy to
my ferrets went away.  I still use Nutri-cal and everything is fine.

I used to use Ferretone on my ferret's bellies to distract them when having
their nails clipped.  I reasoned that it was staying trapped in their fur
and causing my allergy.  I would suggest that ferret owners who have
similar allergies rule this out.  If it isn't Ferretone, then maybe it is
something else.  I can tell you from experience, it is nice to be able to
hold my little buddies without the fear of an allergy.

Britta