From:
"Hudson, Jennifer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:03:07 -0500
I just received a phone call from a woman I spoke to about a month ago when
I was looking for our most recent adoptee.  She no longer has a rescue, but
was contacted by a young man needing to immediately give up his 3 ferrets.
She asked if I could adopt them or try to have them placed through a
shelter I know.  Well, I just adopted a little doll from that shelter, I
know she has quite a few needing homes, so I doubt they can help much.  I
have 7 of my own fuzzies, but I don't want to see these guys dumped
somewhere or given to a neglient person.  This kid put an ad in the paper
for the ferrets and cage for FREE.  I have agreed to pick the 3 up tomorrow
night because I don't want some idiot who sees this as an easy way to get
his kid a neat Xmas present for free!  I have 7 of my own guys and am not
sure if I can come up with room for another large cage.  I would want to
help at anytime of the year, but especially considering it is 3 days until
Xmas!!!!

My guys run in the morning for an hour, are caged while I am at work and
have free run in the evening (about a total of 6+ hours a day), plus all
the time on weekends.  I just had a very large custom sized cage built for
my group of 6.  How many ferrets should be caged together in what cage
size?  Is there a sq ft per ferret ratio?

I've never fostered or been involved with actually doing rescue, I need a
little direction!!  I fear that I'll bring them home, fatten them up and
then not be able to let them go even to an equally loving environment!
Need advice or wisdom!!  Help!!!!

My e-mail is at work, I am working tomorrow then off through Monday, but I
will be in the office briefly Thursday and will check my e-mail.  If you
have advice for me, you can call me (collect if needed) at my home
(610) 792-9589.

Thanks in advice for your help.

Happy holidays,

Jen and the Growing Gang!