From:
Joyce Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 03:31:50 GMT
>From:    Samantha Rosier <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ferret crawling under door!
>My 9 month old albino female named Annie has can crawl under the small
>crack better the door and floor.... Does anyone have any suggestion on
>how we can keep her from doing this?

I have an old house with *huge* gaps under the interior doors, and I've
had very good luck with simply taking some thin, wooden finishing strips
(the kind that are placed along the bottom of the wall, near the floor,
generally about 1/4" thick & about 3" high).  Simply saw a piece as long
as the door is wide, and nail it to the bottom of the door with finishing
nails.  Your landlord will never notice.

For smaller gaps, you can also use standard weatherstripping.  It comes in
kits at any hardware store, and includes a metal strip for nailing to the
door, and a plastic strip that sweeps along the floor to keep out drafts.
My ferrets have never gone after the plastic.

-- Joyce
--- Joyce Miller, [log in to unmask]