Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 19:17:15 -0500
It's Christmas.  I need to decorate the house.  Ok, simple 'nuff task.
Silly me.  I forgot about the Eight Denziens of Anti-Christ with Fur.
Here's how my day has gone so far.

 * Open storage room door to look for Christmas lights.

 * Spend 15 minutes pulling ferrets out of various boxes.

 * Locate box of Christmas lights.

 * Locate ferret hanging from light.

 * Toss ferrets out of storage room, slam door shut.

 * Realize there is no doorknob on inside of storeage room.

 * Spend 20 minute prying hinges off door.

 * Drag out Christmas lights.

 * Replace hinges.

 * Remove ferrets from assorted boxes and bags.

 * Shut door to storeage room.

 * Bring Christmas lights into living room, dump on floor.

 * Find 2 ferrets you dumped the lights on.

 * Hand out raisins in effort of have 4 mins of peace.

 * Begin sorting lights.

 * Begin cursing at the idiot who put lights away without separating
   them.

 * Stop cursing upon remembering *I* was the idiot who put the lights
   away.

 * Notice string of lights making a break for the bedroom.

 * Grab lights, reel in two ferrets.

 * Notice 3 ferrets chewing merrily on lights.

 * Gather up lights, pile in chair.

 * Begin untangling one set of lights.

 * Shake two ferrets out of pant legs, pick one off of top of chair,
   remove two from speakers, wonder where other 3 are.

 * Notice another string of lights making a break for the bedroom.

 * Reel in missing 3 ferrets.

 * Untangle one string of lights.

 * Being taping lights to the window (No staples allowed).

 * Have ferret grab free end of lights and race around you in circles.

 * Fall on face, pull taped lights off window.

 * Fall prey to eight ferrets while helpless on floor.

 * Untangle feet from lights.

 * Untangle 4 ferrets from lights.

 * Untape 2 from lights.

 * Gather up lights, throw them in garbage.

 * Gather up ferrets, throw them in cages.

 * Grab large bottle of wine.

 * Run hot bath.

 BAH HUMBUG!