From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 10:47:55 -0800
Hello All,

I have to say I am new to the listing and have been lurking for about 3-4
weeks.  I find it to be very interesting and educational.  I had the
pleasure of loving Baby for 7 years.  He died last year.  Six months after
Baby, my cat (Baby's friend) died also.  Baby was a lost ferret who came
to me through a friend.

I would love to have another fuzzy to love but unfortunately I now live in
a state where that is illegal (S. CA) I have begun to write letters to
everyone involved to help change this.  But my question is, I would like
to become involved with the helping of shelters.  I am hoping there are
some "informal" ones in the area.  When it is an option I would like to
get my fuzzy from a shelter instead of a pet store.  Helping out whether
it be donating time to clean cages or donating a few dollars I want to do
whatever I can to help.  If there is anyone that needs the help please let
me know.

Thanks for letting me lurk.

TgD