Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 09:12:40 -0600
In ref to the letter posted on
>From:    Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Judi Bell adrenal tumor and possible benefits of reducing light
>letter

>Unfortunately, many of us (including us) don't have ANY way to provide
>COMPLETE darkness for 14 hours each day, though we can reduce light with
>boxes and such.

I have been working on a sleeping area project for my ferrets for some time
now.  I find through personal observations that they just naturally enjoy
the dark enclosures where they have some room to move around better than
the sleeping pouches.  I feel that they like the seclusion when they are
resting.

>I think I should find a way to get wooden boxes the right size that I can
>work up "black-out curtains" and wraps for (We'd need them to not be at
>risk of asphyxiation.  If anyone on the FML has seen things like that or
>ready made ones that would modify well, we'd sure like to know about them!

My project is currently in negotiations with a plastic injection molder and
I hope to have it complete over the next month or two.  Our ferret, "Cinny"
appears to be sensative to most wood materials and I prefer to avoid wood
to prevent any potential problems.  I also feel that wooden material tend
to absorb and retain more odors.  I plan on marketing the project to local
pet stores and ferret users through a variety of means in efforts to cover
my costs and time involved.  I sincerely hope that it will benefit others
the way that I believe it will benefit our two little "fuzzies."

I will let everyone know when the item is available and I hope to keep the
costs down making it very affordable for everyone.  Thank you and keep up
the good work everyone.

Sincerely,

Brian, Valerie, "Mindy", and "Cinny"