From:
Diane Burman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 08:43:00 -0500
If Febreeze has previously been discussed on the FML & I've missed it, I
apologize for wasting band width.

I was wondering if any ferret owners have used this product & would care
to comment on it.  I know that there have been threads on some other pet
mailing lists about Febreeze & how birds have died following it's use & I
believe dogs have been sickened.  Then there have been other pet owners (of
dogs & cats) who have reported using it numerous times without apparently
harmful results.

Before I read the reports that Febreeze might be dangerous, I purchased a
bottle but haven't gotten around to using it.  Now I am afraid to even try
it.  I have an elderly cat that has less than perfect litterbox habits in
her declining years.  Also, my ferrets aren't always 100% with the
litterboxes either.  Then there are the human children who account for the
majority of the stains <g>.  Therefore I'd love to be able to use something
to clean the stained areas.  While I have read "raves" about how well
Febreeze works for odors and stains, I don't want to use *anything* that
has any possible potential to harm any of my furry friends.  Naturally I'm
particularly worried about the ferrets because they carry themselves so
close to the ground (or the carpet, as it were).

I welcome first-hand accounts of Febreeze use & opinions from others.

Diane & the gang