From:
Kathleen Dodson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 21:04:33 -0800
I am a little behind on reading the FML so I apologize for the lateness of
this mail.

I was fascinated by Sukie's letter from Judi Bell regarding light exposure
and would be fascinated to know more.

We have built out own cage using plywood, heavy wire and plywood, but we
aren't carpenters.  Chris built a box in the cage in which all four of my
fuzzies stuff themselves most of the time during the day and I keep the
lights off when I am not at home and towels over the windows.  It is
interesting to think that I might be avoiding future health problems by
doing this.  I am a relatively new owner, my oldest fert is 2 1/2 with the
most serious illness to date being ECE.  My ferts get up with me in the
morning at about 7:00 until they go to sleep and then they are in the cage
until we get home at about 6:00 or 7:00 pm.  When they are out of the cage
they sleep in drawers in the bathrooms and it is pitch dark.  So if health
means sleeping in the dark, my ferts choose that environment themselves.
I just put blankies in the drawers where they chose to sleep.

It was a fascinating article, thanks for the post Sukie.

Kathleen and the four fuzzie twits: Tobias, Tasha, Daxter and Alfred.