From:
Jerry King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 09:32:26 -0800
Here is a funny, but true story.

I have five ferrets that live in my house and roam free in their own room.
On day, I went away on an overnight trip.  At that time, I was in the
middle of a major construction on my house which left a way for intruders
to gain access to my attic.

When I cam home the next day, I found evidence that intruders actually did
crawl through my attic and attempt to get into my house through the ceiling
door that leads to the attic.  I found the ceiling door left partially
open.  This ceiling door is directly over top of the room when my curious
little family of weasel look-a-likes live.

Well, I suspect that these would-be thieves took one look down at these
five hungry looking "weasels" and decided that they had better not drop in
on them!  They left in such a haste that they forgot to cover their tracks
or even close the attic door all the way.

Can you imagine someone finding these little creatures and thinking "What
the hell is that?" I remember the first time I was exposed to ferrets.  I
though that they would bite me for sure.  I will be keeping my "watch
ferrets" around for just such an emergency.  ;)

Jerry K.