From:
Brandon Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 08:17:35 PDT
I would like to apologize to Meghan and the Fairy Godmother, I did not
intend to be judgemental, nor did I intend to question your actions.  My
post was not intentionally directed towards anyone, unfortunately in
retrospect I can see it was taken that way.  I certainly cannot know all of
the circumstances involved.  I am sorry.  It's just this act of generosity
is just the most recent example of something I thought had a potential to
be a problem.

I wanted to share my thought of that potential to the community so that
care is taken in every case to be absolutely sure a pet ferret is right
for both the ferret and its owner.

I truely wish nothing but the best to both Fairy Godmother, and Meghan.
I also know Meghan didn't ask for help or expect help, so the fairy
godmother's gift of a loan is just that much more special. I don't want
to tarnish a truely good action, like I said in my original post, I
believe people need to do more nice things for each other.

I should not have made this issue personel I am sorry for any anxiety I
may have caused Meghan or Fairy Godmother.

I do however stand by the intrinsic content of my original post.  I
believe even dedicated knowledgable people can get in over their heads.
I probably shouldn't have gotten my ferrets when I did, even though I
search the Internet for weeks, printing off every iota of information, I
assembled a cage, I ferret proofed my condo, etc.  I still don't think I
was truely ready.  Fortunately, it wasn't long before I was financially
more stable, and things have been wonderful ever since.

The point however is that sometimes it doesn't work out, and even though I
managed to get through a tough time in my life (with the help of a fuzzy)
I could have easily not made it.  There potentially are people out there
whose resposible actions may turn to overzealous actions, and then to
apathy.  I'm sure many shelters would agree.

Again I wish Fairy Godmother and Meghan and Dervish all the best.  I
also hope people with opposing opinions regarding the issue (NOT Fairy
Godmother's act of generosity and kindness, because I agree with that)
would share with the group, so we can all learn for each other.

Brandon Phillips