From:
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 01:27:17 -0700
In case anyone is wondering what happened to the shelter population
reduction effort here at zen...

While we appreciate all the offers of support in our time of need to take
ferrets we now due to childishness by a job applicant from a year ago have
no time to leave the house and take ferrets anywhere.  This is a lady that
certainly over-represented her ferret knowledge and was far too mean to
animals and people.  We couldn't allow her here near our children and
animals.  She seems to not like that we did that.  Shes getting her
rantings posted to one of the newsgroups.  Glad BIG doesn't allow that
sort of foolishness on the list.

There was a long list of wonderful people who volunteered to help.

Only one we turned down after checking into her background - she too is
participating in the childishness.

We'd like to thank everyone who did help us out and who volunteered to
help.

As for the stories floating around... Look at them logically.  They make no
sense.  We laugh quite loudly at them.  All of our ferrets are doing fine
here in the mountains.  They love that the weather has finally broken and
cooled off to "ferret weather".

On a different topic...

Any of you that wash a lot of cages or other largish ferret things - get a
power washer.  Or if you only do a few "cages" but have other things you
want to wash outside.

It makes cleaning pretty easy.  We're using a 1300 psi electric.  We're
pondering a larger gas powered model that can also heat the water.

Its best if you can use the washer on pavement or concrete but gravel is
working okay.  Litter pans I have to put under a wire frame structure to
keep them from being washed away.

-bill

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets