From:
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 00:31:28 -0700
>From:    alia granda <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Bulldog ferrets?
>I heard from a breeder down in Texas, about Bulldog ferrets vs.  the norm,
>whippet ferrets.  Ok, maybe up here in AK we're a little behind the times,
>but I've never heard of bulldog ferrets, supposedly bigger and more stout
>than your average ferret.  Do they exist?

Whippet and bulldog are words from the early days of showing ferrets.  They
aren't really meaningful.  Whippets are skinny like whippet dogs (kinds of
vaguely like a small greyhound).  Bulldogs are rounds faced vaguely like
bulldogs.  Bull dog ferrets aren't bigger.  Most with the true (ugly)
bulldog face are actually shorter than average.  Some folks call the full
whole hob face a bulldog face when it isn't.  True bulldog ferrets remind
of lizards or frogs.

This case sounds like a sales pitch.  Whippets aren't the "normal" ferret.

>Question 2, also info I got from that breeder.  Angora ferrets lose there
>angora coats after the first year and then just look like normal ferrets.
>Is this true too?  Or was that Texan breeder just trying to fool a lil'
>ole' Alaskan?

Sounds like some one REALLY wanted to sell you one of his.

Angoras don't change.  Angoras are also not bred in the United States at
this time.  No whole angoras over here that are known.

About your post on breeders not responding.  Don't remember one from you
but in case you tried to send one to us.  We haven't bred this year and
have no kits.  Most breeders don't ship unfortunately for you.

>From:    Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Bob C: Upcoming Trip; Familial Update

Yo Bob!

As a complete aside...  remember the teenager visiting my daughter when
you came by?  She's just decided to be a fireman/EMT type and is taking
schooling for that.  Okay she's one of my "extra" daughters but...

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]