Date:
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 08:04:03 -0400
Bill (Killian),

First of all, the note about your post on the Newsgroup was from ALL
THREE of us at SOS ..  not just me.  It was not an "attack"; it was a
clarification that you were passing on INACURATE information.  All three
of us read the post before I sent it, and I discussed it extensively with
Judith on the phone before posting it.

Secondly, you can ask Judith (or maybe she'll post herself); your
information is INACCURATE.  (Even if it had been accurate, it had no place
on a public forum like alt.pets.ferrets ... but that's a whole different
story).  Alicia did NOT ask that Lisa be removed from the list.  Nobody has
ever asked that a shelter be removed from the SOS list, and no shelter ever
HAS been removed from the SOS list.  Alicia and Lisa are friends, as far as
I know, and work together on shelter projects; why one would ask to have
the other one removed from a charitable list is beyond me.

Third, I think your idea of verifying shelters for the SOS list is a good
one.  If anyone would like to volunteer for this job, please send an email
to me, Judith ([log in to unmask]), or Georgia ([log in to unmask]), and
we'll see what can be done about it.  Until we get more volunteers to
handle this, though, I'm afraid it's only the three of us volunteering to
run the entire SOS program by ourselves .. and we don't have the time at
present to take on any additional projects.

Fourth, I just wanted to note that I find this whole thing really ironic
after your note about how "a small group of nasty individuals" makes the
FML a nasty place.  I've always considered spreading untrue rumours to be
a "nasty" habit.

- Ela (working with Judith and Georgia on SOS)

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483