From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 08:08:05 -0400
Dear Ed - If you wish to keep intact females with vasectomized hobs that's
fine with me - you understand what your doing.  My post was in defense of
making sure that females in the general ferret pet population were neutered
(something you seemed to be against) The majority of pet owners are not
going to keep a vasectomized hob around and indeed many don't even know of
anaplastic anemia.  Hence to recommend that people don't neuter their pets
is irresponsible in the extreme.

I don't generally have a problem with the personification of animals but
this comment is surely specious.

>She'll be a very happy contented female, having known what the sexual
>experience is and will welcome her male with up-raised tail and her
>positioning herself forward and under the male for ease of penetration by
>him.  Surely, would you deny your little female the thrill and joy of
>sexual intercourse that you yourself enjoy?  Who are you to deny one of
>God's creatures the ultimate experience and wonderful feeling of
>heterosexual love?

As for bleeding from orifice's - my vet (MY vet, not a third hand story)
had an unneutered female ferret come in this way and die from hemmoraging.
The bleeding had progressed to bleeding out of orifice's.  While the
hemmorahaging in all estrogen toxicity cases may not get to this stage
while still actually alive "Hemmorahage secondary to thrombocytomenia is
usually the cause of death" (Ferrets, Rabbits and Rodents, Hillyer,
Quesenberry, 1st Ed, pg 50).  Having never seen it with your own eyes -
well I guess you should be glad since I would think its a sad and
horrendous sight.  I would not consider a death from either internal or
external bleeding "peaceful".

>Where did you get the information that terminal aplastic anemic ferrets
>bleed from all their orifices?  Something may be dreadfully wrong here.  I
>don't know all there is to know about ferrets, but bleeding from all her
>holes . . .  WOW !  that's a new one one me.
>
>Unless you have positive proof of your statements, I would respectfully
> request that you recant your statement and apologize to all readers ...

Ed - just what does all your Germanness have to do with your writing?

>Dear Mary, Boris and Giesela (I refuse to address your dog),
>(By the way, just out of idle curiosity, what has you dog got to do with
>your writing?)

>Edward Lipinski, Der Wahrkeitskaempe von Frettchenvergnuegenland, der
>sagt, "Zapatero a tu zapato."

Mary Schatz and her ferrets Boris and Giesela and yes Booker the dog
All of who are a standard part of my signature as are my ferrets in my
signature line on dog lists as they are all part of my animal family.