From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 05:41:34 -0500
It has recently come to my attention that someone is writing people posing
as me.  People have received emails from someone claiming they are me,
using Yahoo, USA.NET and AOL addresses.  Usually the misrepresentation is
by using my name in the "respond to" address, allowing the reader to assume
it is me, but also a direct claim that the sender is me has been made.  Be
assured that *WHEN* I find out who is doing this, I will take legal action,
as well as informing the FML who the person(s) are.

If you *EVER* recieve mail from me it will always have my school address
at the top, just like it is listed on the FML post; that is,
[log in to unmask]  c620213 is my student number, edu is an
educational institution, and showme.missouri identifies the school as the
University of Missouri-Columbia.  This is the only email address I use,
except for the occasional use of ICQ using the number 14661516 (when I have
the time).  My home and personal POBox addresses I will not give out for
any reason, however, I do still receive mail at POB 1988, Columbia MO
65205.  If you get mail from any other addresses than those listed, it is
not from me, which is easily confirmed by writing to the listed addresses.

If you get *ANY* mail that does not have this return address, it was not
sent from me.  From the content and tone of some of the emails forwarded to
me recently, I can only assume they are meant to discredit or harass.  I do
not interpret the action as a joke, nor will I tolerate it.  Pranks that
harm a person or reputation, either in the guise of "truth," by accident,
or by design, are not jokes, are not funny, nor should they be tolerated.

If *ANYONE* receives any mail from anyone representing themselves as me,
please notify your server immediately and forward the mail to the email
address I've listed above so I may forward it to the appropriate legal
authorities.  If you are not sure, write me at the above address and I will
confirm or deny the mail.

I've been the focus of the FML rumor mill before (as well as my beautiful
daughter Elizabeth), but have only lost those "friends" that were really
not worth keeping anyway.  But because some of those past rumors have
harmed personal relationships I held dear, I now take a more aggressive
stance in combating them.  If anyone has received or receives mail from
anyone representing themselves as me, let me know so we can expose the low
character of this person to public view and comment.

Bob Church (AKA: Bob C), the Missouri guy with 22 ferrets.