From:
Robynn McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 12:12:42 -0400
I wanted to thank everyone who wrote me expressing their outrage at the
person auctioning the ferret skin teddy bear.  I got a nice email from
Joanne letting me know that the seller had written her and said that he was
removing the item from auction.  She even asked him if it was possible the
fur was mink and that he was mistaken, but he was adament that it was
ferret.  The item has been removed, and we made (nicely I think, without
being hostile or mean) a difference, even if it was just a small one.

To the person who posted awhile ago about growing up and living in the real
world making ideals impossible, maybe this will help you realize that it
doesn't matter how grown up you are, and what kind of world it is you think
you live in, you can in fact make little changes that add to the greater
good, especially with the help of other like minded and upstanding
individuals.

Robynn

                  Robynn McCarthy
                Write to the ferrets at: