From:
"Reet ..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 01:23:12 PDT
Greetings again, all, from Reet and Dexter.

I've been reading heaps of posts about how well biting them back works...

A couple of questions...

1) how exactly do you scruff a ferret? I kinda tried gently but all he
   does is struggle out of my grasp. I don't want to keep trying in case
    I'm holding him wrong and hurt him.

2) well, I bit him... On the ear, not very hard. He just got even worse,
   war dancing even harder around and doing the 'snake attack' bites even
   harder and more frequently...

Nothing seems to be working.  The only thing I've managed to achieve is
getting him to bite less hard.  He rarely draws blood now, but he will
often draw blood on others.  He gets very protective of his 'territory' and
although he has a lot of contact with people, he's still very agressive.

Also, not getting very far with the leash.  The last couple of times I've
finally managed to get it on, he walked around my room quite happily until
the leash tugged slightly then he was rolling around, struggling, biting.
I took him outside, on the grass, but he didn't even notice.

So yes... My little list of worries :) I can put up with these things,
but I'm still kinda worried I'm doing something wrong...

- Reet