From:
"Rachel M. Bray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 10:55:26 +0000
My mother just met her grandchild this weekend.  My poor mom!  All of her
grandchildren have been furry with four legs!  Anyway....she fell in love
with Marmette almost instantly (and who wouldn't?!).  We let her run around
for a bit, letting her show off and impress her grandma, and my mom said:

"How could anyone call these little guys ferocious?"

I looked at her like she had turned yellow and red striped.  "What?"

She said that a friend of hers had rented The Big Lebowski and asked mom
the following day if I had the same kind of animal that they put in the
tub with Dude to make him talk.  Mom said to her that if it was a ferret,
then, yes, we had one.  She said her friend's eyes got real big and she
just shook her head slowly and said "Obviously she hasn't seen how
ferocious this one was or she would have changed her mind!"

What's funnier about her saying that is we DID see the movie and it was
right after it that we finally decided that, yes, we wanted a ferret.  And
we even named her after it!!  Later in the movie Dude is telling his two
friends what had happened and he calls it a marmot.  We just changed the
"ot" to "ette" to make it a bit more feminine.

I guess it's a good thing she's never seen Kindergarten Cop or she'd tell
mom that this horrible beast would go for my throat when it gets the
chance!!  Ha,ha.

Rachel
Marmette (Ma, how could I go for your throat when you won't even let me go
for your toes?!)

Rachel Bray
The Ohio State University
Treasurer's Office