From:
Kymberlie Barone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 23:28:31 -0400
Okay, haven't posted in a while but this was just too funny, I have to
share it.

Picture this:

Last night around midnight, we have in the office Sam (the human) from New
Zealand, myself, my kitty Ivy, and one of the shelter boys, Pappy.  Pappy
is this sweet, darling, elderly boy that is just so loveable.  Tell that to
Ivy.

We sort of saw Pappy walking around on the mattress that Sam is sleeping on,
but most of my ferrets don't mess with the cats so we thought nothing of it.
All of a sudden we hear SCREEEEAAAMMMing coming from Ivy, and she jumps up,
and starts to run.  Unfortunately, Pappy was latched on to her tail.  You'd
think he'd have the sense to let go, right??  Nah, he's a ferret.  Well, so
Ivy goes bolting across the floor, whipping her tail, ferret flying around
in tow.  Still, he does not let go.  Before we could even figure out what's
going on, Ivy goes plummeting down the staircase.... Does he let go?  Nope!
She's screaming, he's going bump, bump, bump down the steps, boom, against
the wall, bump down some more steps.  Still, he does not let go.  At the
bottom of the steps, Ivy makes a sharp right around the corner, which Pappy
didn't quite make without being clipped, Ivy's still SCREAAMMMING and
Pappy's just hanging on for the ride.  Finally they reach the dining room,
and I can't see anything because it was dark in there, and I grabbed Pappy,
who finally decided getting thrown into walls wasn't so much fun.  I tossed
Pappy to Sam as I tried to make sure that part of Ivy's tail wasn't
somewhere on the floor, and Sam put him at the bottom of the steps.  Silly
ferret, is he shaken?  Hurt?  Shocked?  Nope.  He bounds right back up the
stairs like nothing ever happened.

Ivy on the other hand is now seeing a psychologist.

Hope y'all enjoyed our funny.... We were rolling on the floor laughing
(once of course we realized nobody was broken <g>)

Kymberlie Becker Barone
Director, Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
Montgomery County Branch=0DVisit Our Website! =
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/ferretlady=0D"Forget Puppy =
Love...There's Nothing Greater than Ferret Love!" tm