From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 12:58:42 -0400
I've been reading all of these posts about ferrets wagging their tails and
how it is probably just twitching.  Well, lemme tell you about one ferret
that WAGS his tail.

I have a fuzzie named Ziggy.  I took over his care and entertainment from a
girl that could no longer provide time for him.  She got him as a rescue
ferret.  When he first came into my home, he was very depressed and would
only play with the cagemate that came with him (Add-A-Kiss).  As time has
gone by (since last fall), he's slowly become aware that this house REALLY
LIKES FUZZIES!  :) He plays with all of the other (quantity 5) fuzzies,
chasing, wrestling, food-stealing, etc., as well as trying to get me to play
whenever possible.  Sometimes, the other fuzzies are all sleeping, so it's
my turn.  However, I might be busy at the time.  For instance, one of the
times he finds more convenient to try to get me to play is while I'm right
in the middle of doing dishes.  He will come into the kitchen, "stamp" (the
art of *nosing* a body part with a wet nose) the back of my leg to get my
attention, then lay down on the floor and look *so* depressed.  If I look at
him, he will start swishing his tail from one side to the other, just like a
puppy that finally got your attention!

Once he's gotten me to stop whatever I'm doing and start towards him, he
will jump up and start and extremely wild Weasel War Dance, then he will
run like mad into another room, then turn and wait for me to catch up!  We
play Tag, Find-The-Fuzzie, Follow-The-Leader, etc.  Sometimes he will find
one of my daughter's discarded socks and bring it to me to play tug-of-war
with! :)  He also likes to get into the laundry room and jump up and down
on the dirty laundry (if any), while daring me to try to catch him in
mid-bounce! :)

Of course, one the playing starts, most of the other fuzzies suddenly wake
up and try to join in.  Pretty soon, it's almost impossible to move through
the house due to the number of fuzzies leaping, jumping, running, spinning
and just plain carrying on! :)  It reminds me of a kindergarten classroom
during free time...but less organized! :):):)

Todd and the (Forget Sesame Street...Let's Start Ferret Boulevard!)
Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
http://users.success.net/toddl/