From:
zauberin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 15:33:52 -0400
Hi all...

Just wanted to thank the people who have been writing me AND the magazine,
and PETA.

I wrote a letter to the magazine and canceled my subscription.  While I
understand Jane is not responsible for the article itself, it did allow an
irresponsible article to go out to a national audience.  That could really
hurt in places like California.

I pointed out that she had no documentation or source for her incorrect
rabies assessment, that she drew an amazingly crooked line between your
ferret biting you during play and having to run out to get rabies shots,
and that most insulting of all, to me personally, that she completely had
NO clue about shelters.  She completely ignored, did not check on, cared
not a lick to consider all of the shelters out there for ferrets, and the
people who do NOT profit and work their butts off to care for abused,
abandoned and sick fuzzies.  That was just wrong.

My one canceled subscription may not mean much to them, but who knows,
maybe they'll get a clue out of it.

 Julie