From:
sue azima <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 16:21:48 -0400
I have five of my ferrets in one cage, and they are allowed to be roaming
the house for several hours each evening while i am home.  About two weeks
ago, the room the ferrets are in really started to smell, so we completely
cleaned the cage, scrubbing the litter box and the cage bottom itself (we
have one ferret who poops over the back onto the cage floor because he puts
his butt up so high).  we put clean litter in the litter box, put the rest
of the cage back the way it was, and put a small amount of dirty litter in
the middle of the litterbox.  Ever since then, they've decided the litterbox
was a better place to sleep than the two hammocks they have.  the only other
space available to them really is right in front of their food and water
bottle.  i am afraid they will not eat from them if someone keeps pooping in
front of them.  When they are in the cage, no one is home, so i can't tell
them no or just put them in the box.  i don't know what to do, and ideas?
my two new kits used the litter box right away, without a thought!  :)

Jay, sue and the zoo :)
reach me on icq: 1393166
or by e-mail:   [log in to unmask]