From:
Jackie Hawley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 19:56:46 -0800
Hi Everyone,

We've been anxiously waiting for news but what we have is very confusing.
Charges against Lance Seurer have been dropped for lack of evidence after
Jean failed a lie detector test that she paid for herself.  It's been
impossible to get factual information and as early as a few days ago, the
trial was set for sometime in April due to Lance's attorney "having prior
commitments" and several postponements.

I know it's disappointing that someone has not been found guilty and
convicted of this brutal crime.  Thanks to so many of you who contributed
funds, supplies and lots of effort, little lives were saved and certainly
the quality of life for the ferrets was greatly improved by your generous
donations.  Thank you all.

All we can do at this time is wait and pray the guilty person will be
apprehended very soon.  We will do everything in our power to make sure the
ferrets are still the # 1 priority.

The ferrets are doing really well and back to being ferrets.  That's what
our efforts were for.  I know of one that has had two beautiful, healthy
kits which was exciting news in the middle of this atrocity and at least a
couple more are "expecting"!

Many thanks to Sam for so much hard work on her web site and to Scott who
more or less put his life on hold when this first happened to make sure
everything Jean needed for the health and protection of the ferrets was in
place.

Jackie