Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 18:11:30 +0000
Hello FML

Well its now the end of March and allot has recently taken place in regards
to the situation in Spokane and I feel a strong obligation to let all you
wonderful people know whats going on and will attempt to do so to the best
of my knowledge.

Wednesday March 25th after 2 months of no contact I received a call from
Jean Smith who started the conversation with the comment "Scott, what is the
very worse thing that could happen" I replied that I have no idea and she
proceeded to tell me that the prosecutors office has contacted her by way of
her council and said that Lance is being released and all charges are being
dropped, she went on to say that she was told she is now a prime suspect in
the slaughter of her own ferrets and that all this information is being
based on a Lie Detector test that was given to her two weeks ago and ordered
by the prosecutor herself due to discrepancies in her story.

An article came out today that states some of the above and I was able to
verify other information during a 30 minute conversation I had with Miss.
Lombardi yesterday afternoon.

My dear members of the FML, when this all started to take place you came to
me and we all worked together to help out the ferrets and the situation at
hand and now I come to you for the same, I am open to suggestions and will
welcome all sound advise.  Jean clearly denies all the accusations and told
me that she submitted herself to a second witnessed lie detector test and
failed that one also and then offered a explanation about some questions
that were phrased differently and received different responses from the
machine - some positive and some negative.

Its not my place to judge I only know how I feel and I feel like I want
justice for what took place, it would be easy to side one way or the other
but the bottom line is still and has always been the ferrets and that the
person responsible for the crime be punished.

2 months ago I was given MM or better known as Mighty Mouse, she is one of
the fuzzies that was injured more severely then some of the others that
made it and I am glad to say that she is doing great today, I was however
surprised to learn shortly after Jean gave her to me that she was pregnant
and has now produced two very healthy kits.

Well Members of the FML now you have it and once again its in your hands.

Scott