From:
"Glenn, Jenni, BMG - NY1540" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 15:01:55 -0500
My boyfriend and I took Oso to Valley Forge over the weekend to play with
Chris, Tara and the Fuzzbutts and we all had a ball!  I met Chris and Tara
through this list and just wanted to let everyone know what a beautiful and
friendly bunch (a whole dozen!) of ferts they have!  I've never seen so many
ferrets running around at once.  It was great!  Chris and Tara give all of
their furballs so much love and care and have really worked hard making sure
that they are very sociable with humans and other ferrets.  None of them
nipped, and all of them were perfectly happy to be picked up, petted and/or
cuddled.  Oso had a blast, too!  He played and played for hours and then
slept and slept and slept the entire rest of the day and night!  I've never
seen him sleep so soundly before.  He actually let me hold him on my lap for
about 1/2 hour while he slept (and he NEVER does this).  Boy, was he pooped!
I just want to thank Chris and Tara again for letting us come play with
their fuzzy family!  I am hopefully going to meet them this weekend so that
they can take me to meet a friend of theirs who has ferrets for adoption.  I
absolutely have to get Oso a brother or sister.  He looked so sad the next
day when all his new fuzzy friends were gone, that I just have to get
another one..or two..or three...tee hee ; ) I'll probably just get one more
for now and see how things go and then maybe we'll expand the family in the
future.  Oso still won't eat his Totally Ferret food...I've been mixing it
with the Purina he usually eats, but he digs out the food onto the floor and
picks out all the Purina pieces and leaves the Totally Ferret on the floor.
I tried to just give him the Totally Ferret, but he wouldn't touch it.  And,
of course, I felt guilty after a few hours when he kept going to his bowl,
sniffing it, and looking at me like, "Mom, pleeeeez give me my Purina....I'm
starving!" I don't know what I'm going to do!  I really want him to start
eating food that's higher in protein and fat.  I guess I'll just keep trying
new brands until he agrees to eat one!  He's a stubborn little bugger!  But,
I just want what's best for him.

Jenni
Oso "I want my PURINA!!!"  "Where did all my fuzzy friends go?"