From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 08:32:38 -0800
No offense taken Angel, I wouldn't let my ferrets play with anything that
would hurt them either.  My doughnut stacker is nearly 2 years old, as it
was one of the first toys I bought when we got our first ferret.  All 4 have
successfully played with it, and have, from time to time worn a doughnut
around their neck momentarily.  Usually they grasp the ring in their mouth
and run across the room the the dough- nut arched over their heads.

Just as a point of curosity after reading your message, I woke a couple of
ferrets up to test the possibilities.  The doughnuts are progressive in
size, red, orange, yellow, green and blue.  The red, orange, and yellow
doughnuts were too small to go over their heads.  The green one probably
could have been forced on, and the blue one is large enough that it flopped
on and off their heads easily.  I therefore deduce that green doughnuts are
evil in nature!  Kouri and Welly were happy to participate in this
scientific exercise, but even happier that it was only a brief interruption
of their morning naps.

For anyone who gets their ferret a plastic pumpkin, take the strap off.  I
didn't until it was chewed!  It's really hard to stay one step ahead of
these guys.

There are many great kiddy toys safe for ferrets.  Our newest one is a
bathtub toy with 5 Seseme Street characters on a "float".  Five brightly
colored, hard plastic toys, plus the float thing, for 4 or 5 bucks at
K-Mart.  Soon we will get out our big plastic wading pool, fill it with warm
water, and have a "pool party".  Does anyone use a pool with a built in
slide?

Georgia and the Kensington Fur(4)bangers