From:
Elwin Bullard II <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 19:18:21 -0600
Re: mosquito repellent plant.

If it is the one I have seen in my nursery catalogs it's a mosquito shoo
geranium.  They smell like citranilla(sp?).

I think they are safe.  The Dallas Arboretum has it in the herb garden.
They also had some that smelled like pepper.  Several other scents too.

We had a couple last year and my girls pretty much ignored them.

Just keep an eye on the plant and look for chewed spots.

Elwin Bullard
Mike Golobay
Ferrets: Ootz, Possum, Doris, Saffron and eternally Winnie
Sugar gliders: Myra and Myron
http://home1.gte.net/bounty
http://home1.gte.net/bounty/cemetary1.htm