From:
Rebecca Erven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 12:50:17 -0600
I have recently (in October) adopted 2 ferrets who desperately needed
rescuing.  One is a 3.5 lb male I named Waldo, the other is a 2.5 lb male
named Indy.  The man I picked them up from said they were 2 years old, but
the vet thinks they are closer to 4.  When I got them they were kind of
thin, but they're doing much better now.  Also, Indy had started losing fur
on his tail and across his shoulders.  He ended up losing a lot more across
his back until the vet put him on Nutrical; now he's covered again!  But
he's already gotten sick a couple times since I've had him.

I have a question about Indy that I was hoping someone could answer for me.
About 2 months ago he started "attacking" Waldo while they were in the cage
together; at night or in the afternoon when they wake up.  He also does this
when he plays with my housemates two ferrets; they will start by playing,
but all of a sudden he will latch on to the neck and won't let go.  Right
now I've got Waldo and Indy sleeping in separate cages, but I was wondering
if anyone had any advice on how to handle this?  Is he just a cranky ferret
who doesn't get along with other ferrets well?  Or is he testing me to see
if I'll give him up, too?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Becky