From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 19:13:49 -0600
Hey Ya'll,

Just had to add my voice to this line of thought. hehe.

How I have always pictured our dear BIG: hunched over the computer monitor
in the wee hours, laughing maniacally, editeding the FML.  The man
definately has a wicked sense of humor.

I bow in your general direction.

I only wished I could employ my humor the way he does.  I use sarcasm, which
bludgeneons folks with humor, it can be rather heavy handed.

The BIG guy using satire.  This can leave a victim still standing after the
head has been severed.  hehe.

And yes, it is said with the greatess affection and admiration.  ;-)

Bill Killian: ok, so I do know what he looks like.  But still this image
persists.

Picture this: a Japanese Zen rock garden, peaceful, sedate.  But wait, at
one end a wall.  Sitting zazen there is Bill, and on top of his head is
Buddha Ferret sitting full lotus.  Or is that Fat Elvis?  Looking closer,
suddenly realizing that the wall is actually made up of cases upon cases of
Killian's Red.  ;-)

Maggie Mae.  Well, I have to admit I adore Bette Midler, especially the
Divine Miss M in the mermaid costume and wheelchair with the Harlettes
singing back up.

Brassy?  Oh yes.  Loud Mouth?  Definately.  Heart of Gold?  Well, currently
it is probably gold plated and has a few dents.  It is also currently clad
in iron for protection.

And there is also a large jar of pennies in the corner, saving up for that
1970 Harley Sportser I have had my eye on.  I love Harleys, love
motorcycles.  It is genetic.  My mother rode an Indian bike back in the
30's.  Yep, Mags comes from a long line of broads.  Who like to go for rides
by the light of the moon.

And speaking of Bettes, the littlest one Elsbeth finally consented to giving
me kisses today.  I am a very happy and loved woman.

Brassy Maggie Mae, singing to the light of the moon. No, not at it, to it.