From:
Toni Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 08:25:45 -0600
Austin, TX has one of the largest bat colonies in the U.S.  And not in the
outlying areas, but right downtown.  During certain parts of the year the
Mexican brown bats (I think) find refuge underneath the Congress Bridge.
Tourists from all over come to see them.  Austin loves them, not only for
the tourism, but it cuts down immensely on our mosquitos and other bugs.  I
did find a dead bat in my backyard one day.  While Dinky never goes outside
without me, I still wouldn't take any chances.  These bats do carry rabies.

Ferret hugs & kisses,
Toni
Dinky(Outside?  No, I'd rather play in moms underwear drawer)