From:
"Sheri M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 23:17:52 -0600
Hi Kelly, (and FML)

Just a warning--these pans don't work well outside of a cage.  They have
little nubs at the back that slip over wire to hold them upright, and if you
put one in a corner of the house (with nothing for the little nubs to catch
on) the ferret puts its front feet on the lip of the box and it immediately
flips forward and gives the ferret a "feces" face wash.  After a few of
these experiences, my ferrets wouldn't go near those boxes, and still won't.
I tried putting a big rock in the corner of the pan, but then they wouln't
use it, and if they did, I had to wash the rock, which was pretty gross.

So for house corners, you'll have to velcro or sticky tape the bottom of the
pan to the floor somehow.  The little nubs make it hard to velcro the back
sides of the pan to the wall.

I adopted two fuzzies from a woman named Dawn, and she sent home corner pan
that is more oblong than triangular, and that one works great.  I'm not
sure where she found these, but I can ask . . . or if she's reading this,
she can tell us herself! (Hi Dawn!)

--Sheri